Fire Prevention Safety Month
The Linton Fire Department conducts Fire Safety Training during October for a number of schools, daycares, and preschools.
Children listen to Firefighters on the importance of fire safety basics:
1) 911 is the 'magic number'
2) STOP, DROP, ROLL
3) How firefighters are your fried
4) The importance of knowing your address.
5) How to have a safe meeting place.
6) The importance of having working smoke detectors in your home AND to replace the batteries when low.
Sparky the Fire Dog makes a number of guest appearances at a number of Fire Safety classes.
Uniform fire gear safety is demonstrated to show how it works during a fire. It was stressed that children should not be afraid of the firefighters ... as they are there to help the children (family members and pets too) escape safely.
Follow Us on Facebook